Random Quotes

"I wonder if I will someday be able to tell someone those same words, 'The world isn't as cruel as you think it to be.' " - Kamichika Rio (Durarara!!)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Half-Day Dublin Trip

Yeah, even after being here for almost a year, I haven't seen all the attractions yet, so I decided to cover some of those yesterday before I go grocery shopping.

The first place I went to was the National Museum. It showcased artifacts dating back from the Paleolithic to the Viking Eras of Ireland. There was nothing about modern Ireland though. I guess they put it somewhere else. And like all museums, it bored the heck out of me in 2 hours. I did learn a few useful things though, for example, more history!! T_T I can say I remember more Irish history now than Malaysian.

Next I went to the Old Jameson Distillery, birthplace of the most popular whiskey in the world, Old Jameson Whiskey. We saw a video of its history, took a tour not too different from the one at the Guinness Storehouse, and finally had a taste of Old Jameson whiskey. Best of all, since I volunteered to do taste comparisons, I got three extra shots of whiskey! 8D But hey, I got this cool certificate which nobody else got because they didn't volunteer!

Then I went to grocery shopping. Like I said, short trip. Nothing much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... gonna post the cert online?

mkk.

HC Ooi said...

I don't have a scanner over here. D: